PMU under the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population is seeking an Office Manager for the IsDB/LLF-Project for Improving of Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health in the Four Districts of the Khatlon Region of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Terms of Reference and Scope of Services of the Office Manager
Project title: The LLF-Project for Improving of Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health in the Four Districts of the Khatlon Region of the Republic of Tajikistan
Background: The Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) in the amount of USD 23,000,000 to finance the LLF-Project for Improving Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Services in the Four Districts of the Khatlon Region of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The Project objectives are: i) Enhancing availability/accessibility of Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health (MNCH) services; ii) Institutional and human resources capacity building in the targeted health facilities; iii) Improving public awareness and health-seeking behavior; and, iv) Establishment of a functional referral system in the Khatlon region.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Provision of support to effective project implementation;
- Provide support in processing documents for project activities (filing system, etc);
- Assist in logistical organization of meetings, training and workshops;
- Assist in financial management (procurement, inventory of office equipment, furniture etc);
- Maintaining records/archive of correspondence with IsDB and other relevant stakeholders;
- Preparation and maintaining of the minutes of the meetings in English / Tajik and/or Russian;
- Perform programme related duties as required by the PMU manager and Project Coordinator.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, policy, international development or related topic
- At least 2 years’ of relevant experience in administration or programme support service is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and ability to learn new systems quickly;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react quickly;
- Fluency in Tajik, Russian and English both oral and written is required.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Communication skills: the ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal formats;
- Ability to ensure and maintain a high degree of accuracy and quality of work, including work under pressure of multiple tasks;
- Planning and organizing: ability to operate independently with minimum supervision, prioritize and schedule workload and effectively manage multiple tasks;
- Teamwork: building effective communication and relationships both within and outside the team. Sharing knowledge, information and best practices with others;
- Results orientated to ensure the goals and operational targets are achieved.
- Constantly improve quality of work.
- The duration of the contract will be for the project implementation period (four years), subject to annual performance evaluation.
- The salary will be paid on monthly basis in accordance with the agreement to be signed with the Ministry and salary scale of the PMU agreed upon by the Ministry of Finance.
All qualified candidates are welcome to submit their CV and cover letter in Tajik & English; University diplomas and transcripts along with English Translation, other relevant certificates to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5pm (Dushanbe time) September 23, 2020.