PMU under the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population is seeking an Project Coordinator/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the IsDB/LLF-Project for Improving of Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health in the Four Districts of the Khatlon Region of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Project title: The LLF-Project for Improving of Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health in the Four Districts of the Khatlon Region of the Republic of Tajikistan
Background: The Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) in the amount of USD 23,000,000 to finance the LLF-Project for Improving Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Services in the Four Districts of the Khatlon Region of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The Project objectives are: i) Enhancing availability/accessibility of Maternal, Neonatal, and Child Health (MNCH) services; ii) Institutional and human resources capacity building in the targeted health facilities; iii) Improving public awareness and health-seeking behavior; and, iv) Establishment of a functional referral system in the Khatlon region.
Project Coordinator/Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will support PMU: a) Work within established of an effective monitoring and evaluation system aiming to facilitate monitoring, evaluation and efficient management of various project activities; b)Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to the project interventions and to enhance the Ministry’s ability to demonstrate outcome focused results; d) Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken; e) Preparation of regular monitoring and evaluation progress reports including status of results and implementation of improvements for submission to the project investors and stakeholders; f) Organization of the necessary meetings for successful and timely completion of project tasks; g) Work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field; h) Work in close collaboration with the relevant stakeholders to strengthen the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence; i) Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis, emergency preparedness, and risk mitigation activities; j) Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for revisions of the project implementation plan and budget to ensure that plans are risk-based and focused on measuring results (e.g. checking, monitoring and evaluating that the log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented); k) Monitoring of the performance of the consultant responsible for implementation of the project soft component in collaboration with specialists from the Ministry; l) Close collaboration with UNICEF and UNFPA in the implementation of the related components; m) Close work with the relevant departments/institutions of the Ministry to ensure the quality of deliverables under the soft and hard components of the project; n) Close work with project consultants/suppliers/contractors to collect the necessary information on the progress of work in order to monitor and evaluate and prepare the necessary reports; o) Preparation of materials and documents to create awareness and effective communication arrangements in order to increase public awareness of the project and involvement of all interested parties; p) Ensuring of the execution of the entire scope of the project within the approved timeline and resources; q) Reporting of any impediments/barriers to timely and cost-effective implementation and completion of the project and recommending suitable solutions in consultation with the other stakeholders; r) Coordination with the other PMU team members to ensure harmony and close collaboration in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all components and activities of the project; s) Any other assignment by the PMU Manager related duties as required by the PMU manager and the detailed of the TOR attached to the announcement.
Minimum qualification requirements
- Master’s degree in health, business management, economics or a similar field or first-level university degree with 2 additional years of experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the project management financed by the international financial institutions (IFIs); Experience of health sector projects will be preferred.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively, the ability to perform multiple tasks and respond quickly;
- Strong writing skills; experience writing in reports and proposals for donors is desirable;
- Knowledge of the local health context, good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of legislative documents of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- Computer literate: Windows XP, Excel, Word, and ability to learn new systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Tajik and English. Knowledge of Russian is an advantage.
- The duration of the contract will be for the project implementation period (six months), with a probation period of 2 months with confirmation based on the satisfaction at the end of the probation.
- The salary will be paid on monthly basis in accordance with the agreement to be signed with the Ministry and salary scale of the PMU agreed upon by the Ministry of Finance.
All qualified candidates are welcome to submit their CV and cover letter in Tajik & English; University diplomas and transcripts along with English Translation, other relevant certificates to e-mail: email@example.com.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5pm (Dushanbe time) October 9, 2023.